Monday, March 9, 2009

Life on other planets?


Ah well... here I am, having spent the whole day (again) on my fanny whilst puttering on the net. I got into my Picasa albums, intending simply to edit some photos with Picnik, but I got distracted by the offering of a beta form of Picasa for Macs, then I downloaded it, and... Dare I say that it was all downhill from there? So, there is life, of some low form, on planet Internet.

Of course, I discovered some more great and time-consuming ways
to play with my photos and other images. Herein displayed is a collage of several floral photos that I took while walking over to see my mother, about a half mile(?) away. The blooms were mostly in a garden plot at Makela's, just two blocks from home, and the others were of flowers around the local Denny's parking lot.

I also made a collage of some of my favorite collected images of neon-bright seaslugs. I won't post it because the images aren't mine, but it turned out superbly. If you're the least bit curious do a picture search for 'seaslug' or 'nudibranch' on my favorite search engine, http://www.ixquick.com [they don't store your information!]

Somehow I ended up exploring another application, called Easy Frame, and I produced various and sundry other images for which there is no practical use at this point in time, or possibly ever, but they were nicely framed. I always justify this waste of time as a way of keeping my brain active by learning new things. This is an enjoyable way to learn, but I also learned some more sobering and all-too-relevant information. I listened to a video of KGB defector, Yuri Bezmenov >>> http://www.newswithviewsstore.com/brainwashing.html [± 30 min]

Amidst the puttering, prior to the nattering, there is plenty of room for frittering about world affairs and their implications for each human soul, including mine... and yours. Here is my newest Latin phrase "Praemonitus praemunitus", meaning: "Forewarned is forearmed". Think on these things?
Posted by Picasa